Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Happy Birthday, America!


We had such a fun Fourth of July this year!

Starting at the parade...

These guys (luckily) saved us a spot!  The place was packed! Grant had fun sitting by Chase but wouldn't run into the road to get the candy. I guess we've been a little too forceful with our "cars are dangerous", "stay on the sidewalk" instructions!
 
I had to post practically the same picture twice because I couldn't decide which was better.  I love how Grant has his hand on her head here! And her chunkin' legs!!

I was SO excited to have Rems wear her little bandana!  I'd been conjuring it up for weeks after seeing a Rosie the Riveter poster on Pinterest.

After the parade, we went to the Wiltbank's house and took some pictures of the kids in their patriotic garb.


They were hot and tired and did their best to cooperate, even though they REALLY didn't want to!

Can't believe I'm lucky enough to get to be part of this clan!

And this pretty blue-eyed girl's mama!  She was D-O-N-E by the time this one was taken!

But I'm mean and kept making her do more.  If only she weren't so cute when she cries...

We had lots of friends in town and had pretty much a non-stop party after that! It was so good to see everyone!  We're so lucky to be surrounded by such good friends!  It always re-iterates to me how much I hope my kids can be as lucky!

A few of the girls...
Cosette, Hailey Rose and Remington
 Don't judge our super trashy backyard...it's a work in progress (and may well be for the next year or so!).  Luckily, kids are the least judgmental of people and had fun dancing and singing on the porch to Johnny playing the guitar.

The Crosby's were nice enough to have us over to watch the fireworks with them. Grant kept wanting to take a picture of us but couldn't keep his eyes open once it flashed.

He kept saying, "I don't want to watch fireworts!" but by the end, he was rooting for more! He actually sounded a lot like the protagonist in "Green Eggs and Ham".

Remi chilled with Jonathan for like an hour before the fireworks started.  I guess she's found a new buddy.

Grant and Kiley had fun being little buddies again.  He came in and told us all, "I'm donna doe talk to Tiley now" (I'm gonna go talk to Kiley now).






We got to have Heid and Jake stay with us and we had so much fun! We stayed up 'til at least two every morning just like old times.  Heidi and I went through a box of notes we'd written to each other in middle school/high school and laughed a lot! It almost felt like being in High School again...only in the morning we had to wake up and face the well-rested kids!

One night, the guys all played some games while Melina, Heidi and I made a Blue Bell run! (Meaning we went a bought some...there was no exercise involved)


We had SO much fun with everyone and I was so happy and proud of myself for actually taking pictures!  I was really excited to get them on the computer and take at them.  My excitement quickly turned to anger as I realized EVERY LAST ONE of them was blurry!  Can I stress enough how much I detest  my camera??!?

I've been playing around with the settings and I THINK/hope I've finally figured it out, with a picture of this beautiful little smile as proof:

HOPEFULLY it's fixed because I'd hate to have to make yet another post trying to convey just how awful the dang thing is!

1 comment:

Nate and Emily said...

Looks like you had a good fourth. Your kids are so cute. Both of them look so much bigger. Glad you posted about everything so we could see how you guys are. I need to do the same. Miss you guys.