Monday, May 13, 2013

Adios Hermano

This post has been several months in the making!  Grant is taking a nap today for the first time in about a month so I'm finally getting around to catching up on my blogging.

SO!  A few months ago my baby brother Dallin left on his mission to Columbia!  I came to multiple realizations while preparing for his departure...

I'm getting really OLD!!

He's not a baby anymore!

Chase is.

We won't see him for TWO YEARS! (That means Chase will be in school, Grant will be almost 5 and little Remi will be around Grant's age now before they see him again)

I am overly proud of him...probably in an annoying type of way so I'll really try not to go off on it too much!  But really, I'll be a very content mom if my kids turn out like Dal!

Anyway...my camera was lost the weekend he left so, thanks to my trusty iPod, I still have some photo documentation!
Saying goodbye to the boys.  I love this picture!  I wish it were better quality!
Saying goodbye to Betty!  I can't believe how much she's already grown since this pic!
Remi's goodbye present to him.  Haha!
When did he get so big??--> Another realization-I'm shorter than I thought!
 Chase-O had a sleepover at our place so my parents could spend some good one-on-one time taking Dal to the airport.  We had so much fun!!  Chase did SO great!  He's welcome at our place anytime! 

 This was the scene as I made dinner that night.  They kept growling at her trying to scare her but I'm pretty sure she just thought they were ridiculous!
*Notice their baby monitor "walkie talkies".
Only the cool kids have Spiderman PJs for their sleepovers!
 The next morning, Chase helped Grant get ready for the day like he always does.  Dressing up like a super-hero/emergency rescuer. :)  Every time he comes to our house, I lose my baby monitors to a better cause, as Chase uses them to communicate with 911 dispatch. 
Then usually, the emergency involves Remi and she has to be rescued by these two heroes and me profusely thanking them for saving my baby!

Tanner stayed home and was a HUGE help!  The day my parents came home, we spent most of the day outside.  Remster and I hung out on a blanket while the boys flew a kite.

I can't believe how much time has already gone by!  We got to Skype with him yesterday for Mother's Day and it was SO good to see him!  I'm so glad we got to live next door to him as he was preparing to go.  I've already missed him coming over with a "Hey Hermana" in Buster's voice!  But it's just the titles of our e-mails now! :)

We're so proud of you Dal and we love you!!!

No comments: