Thursday, March 21, 2013

What To Do, What To Do...

Seems like Grant's been giving us two options lately.

A. He goes to bed very easily anytime between 8-9, BUT he doesn't take a nap and I'm dealing with an extremely irritable toddler. Without a break. All. Day. Long.

B. He takes a nap, BUT regardless of what time of the day it occurs or how long he sleeps, he won't go to bed until 11ish.

Lately, we've been going with option A. However, after being sick of dealing with a cranky toddler/tantrums/being ignored all week, I decided he HAD to take a nap today!

So now we're stuck in option B and praying he'll rapidly wind down enough to go to sleep in the next 30 minutes.

I'm really at a loss. I hate seeing him so moody because it's so against his nature. He's normally such a sweet, even tempered kid! And I can't really be upset with him because he does try to lay down and close his eyes and says he's going to sleep. But then he just tosses and turns for HOURS.

I read recently that the average parent has lost about a solid month's worth of sleep by the time their kid reaches their 2nd birthday. At this point, I'm feeling like Grant's taken about 6 months of my sleep life!

Good thing I love him so much! The craziest thing is that once I FINALLY I catch a glimpse of him asleep, I immediately miss him and can't wait for him to wake up and play!



1 comment:

Pedaldork said...

We go with No Nap then let our 4 year old crash around 8 or 9. He gets pretty grouchy sometimes, but if he takes a nap, it's usually our luck that he wakes up around 7pm and then he's up until midnight. Good luck:)