Friday, March 8, 2013

Checklists


Lately, I've been all about writing things down, lists and checking things off!

I'd seen several little chore charts on Pinterest and wanting to adapt them in an effort to get Grant doing some of the same things every morning and evening so he'd feel like there's some structure around here!

I ended up making one myself a while ago and I finally put it all together and we used it for the first time this morning.

Getting dressed
Brushing his teeth.
Making his bed (yes, he still sleeps in our room).
Feeding the cat.
Check (or scribble)!

I made one for Grant and one that's a little modified that I did for a friend.  Feel free to print them if you want!  They work on a normal sized piece of paper.

AM: 1. Get dressed 2. Brush teeth 3. Make bed 4. Feed cat 
PM: 1. Take bath 2. Clean up toys 3. Brush teeth 4.  Scriptures and prayers


AM: 1. Get dressed 2. Brush teeth 3. Make bed 4. Help mom
PM: 1. Feed dog 2. Take bath 3. Pick up toys 4. Prayers


Something about having it right there in front of you and knowing you get to check it off your list makes it easier to do!  For me anyway.  And it seems like it for Grant too.  He was excited to do it all and check it off himself, and is already talking about doing it again this evening.

And they both went down for a nap at the same time again today!  I don't know what I'm doing right but I hope it sticks!

1 comment:

Tami said...

I love your checklists! What a good idea!