Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The End of 2012

My goodness, I am behind!  Obviously keeping up on my blog was not one of my New Year's Resolutions!  Before I post about those though, I wanted to put up the rest of the pictures I had from the Christmas Calendar.  

Nativity FHE with Grandma Velda

Christmas Cookies!

Hard little workers.
Grant's been wanting to take pictures a lot lately. Usually he just gets his hands or his feet but here he managed to capture a person AND the Christmas Tree!  Go Grant!

Hu-no! That's how Grant says snow.
Usually we have a hard time getting Grant to wear a jacket but that hasn't been the case since the Indiana Jones Jacket came into the picture!  It's really helped out this winter!

Making Nativities.

Remi and Emi (My brother Brian's daughter) are about 5 weeks apart.  They're going to have so much fun together!
Remi looks like a beast in this picture next to little Emilly!
Uncle Cord was in town for a hunt and we're so glad he took the time to stop by and see us!  We also got to see our friend Seth!  It'd been years since we'd last seen him.
Then I saw this picture and she looks tiny again!
 
Hangin' with Aunt Sal.
(The bow was a joke but I think it actually looks kinda cute!)

Sleeping in the living room right before Christmas!
This was Grant's favorite spot throughout the month of December!

Thanks to Sal and her projector, we had not one, but TWO projector nights!  We're excited to use this baby this summer!
Home Alone Projector Night with the Wiltbanks/Gomezes
Muppet's Christmas Carol with the Goodmans-sadly my dad had to work Christmas Eve.
Can you guess what Chase wants to be when he grows up?  Grant's along for the ride.
Uncle Dallin gave Grant a fish for Christmas. It's already dead.
I saw a lot of people comment on Facebook about how much having kids makes Christmas more exciting.  The same was true in our house.  We were SO excited about these guys' present even though they would've been just as happy with toys from the dollar store.
Mike had the genius idea to wrap the window so he still got something to rip open.
Tampoline! (Grant's pronunciation)  Yeah, we were way more excited than them!  Just in the moment though.  Grant has asked to go jump every single day since Christmas and we try to let him, when it's not 5 degrees outside!
Couldn't resist trying it out Christmas morning even though it was FREEZING!!

It's sort of becoming a tradition of mine to make a Christmas Card and then not send it out.  I's not pure laziness though, I have an issue with it. What is really the purpose of Christmas Cards?  I feel like everyone I'd send it to is now my friend on Facebook so I'm just wasting money, time and resources by actually printing and sending them...can someone give me a good reason to make a better effort next  year?
The more time goes by, the more I am always realizing how blessed we are and have always been!  Hope everyone else had a great Holiday Season too!


1 comment:

Dorlene said...

Loved seeing your blog and photos. This time gets away so quickly and you do such a great job of capturing the moments that matter.