Thursday, January 31, 2013

Grant is "TEE-OO"


Grant turned two this month!!  I remember being pregnant with him and being SO excited to meet him, I could hardly stand it!  On the one hand, I can't believe it's already been two years and on the other hand, I can't even remember or imagine what life was like without him!  The craziest thing is to look back just one year and see how much he's grown and changed.  Our life with him so far has been completely awesome!

Grant and my little brother Chase's birthdays are two days apart so my mom had a little combined party for them with Grant's cousins (Chase's nephews and nieces.  Yeah, it's kind of confusing!:)).

Grant and his cousin Brig.

Blowing out the candles at Grandma's House.
 
Thanks Zack, Briggy and Emily (or should we say Mel and Bri?)!
The next evening was Chase's party. Grant got him a firetruck.

Then a few nights later, we had a a party at our house for Grant.  Mike took Grant to my mom's so we could decorate and get everything ready.  It was fun to put everything together with Mike!  He's such a perfectionist, no task is too small.  He made the big Batman logo out of two vinyl tablecloths (with my sewing scissors! Grrr!) because he's awesome and talented like that!  But don't worry, my talent can be seen in the streamers hanging from the ceiling...yeah, I did that! 


At one point, I told him we should just hurry and finish up because the only people who were coming to the party were my parents and they wouldn't care what the house looked like.  Mike was surprised and reminded me the party/decorations was/were for GRANT.


Can you tell these little guys like firetrucks?
 
The Birthday Boy with a cake face!

 Grant had gotten down holding up his little index finger and telling people he was "ONE!" when they asked.  Now when you ask he exclaims "I TEE-OO!" but he can't quite hold up two fingers so his hand just sort of dangles there.  He also yells "HAPPY BIRTDAY???!" very excited like, anytime he sees cake, streamers or a batman logo now.  He is awesome!!


1 comment:

Nate and Emily said...

Grant, you are so cute! I miss you. Love the video. Wish we could have been there for the birthday party.