Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Recreation and Responsibility

The other day while I was sleeping, Mike took Grant for a hike.  I'm sad I missed it!  I used to be able to survive on a few hours of sleep but now I'm pretty worthless during the day after working all night.  My age is catching up with me!  It looks like they had fun!  It's weird seeing pictures of him when I wasn't there.  Hopefully I won't have to miss out on too many more of Grant's adventures!
Found a treasure! (A pinecone)
Mike said he loved this little area.  The grate was dry so he could sit on it and still put his hands in the water.
Mike said every time he tried Grant to leave this spot, he would turn around and run right back to it. 
 Grant has gotten to learn a bit of responsibility lately.  He usually loves to be a helper and helps me with the laundry and helps Mike make a fire every morning.  This week my friend Jake at work and his wife gave Grant a fish.  He was beyond excited!!  We have to practically rip him away from it, kicking and screaming.  He came to Wal-Mart with me to get the bowl and food and then came home and helped me wash it out and prepare it for the fish.  He LOVES to feed it and spends a lot of time just staring at it.  He also tries to literally play with it, which we're going to have to work on!  The fish doesn't have a name yet...Mike and I might just name it until Grant really gets talking down.  Until then, its name may be "Ball" or "Baba".
See how his sleeve is all wet?  That's what I mean by him literally wanting to play with it! 
He could stay here all day long!
Thanks Jake and Tabitha!  You made Grant's little one year old life complete!

Maybe next year, we'll get him a puppy! :)

1 comment:

Darrell and Ashlee said...

how fun!! Talin wants a fish too! Grant is so grown up! he is so cute!