Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Citizen's Arrest

I seriously want someone to defend this situation and restore my faith in the judicial system. I should probably let Whitney post this but after hearing about it I want to complain to as many people as I can about it.
Whitney (my sister-in-law) got pulled over and had no idea what for. The cop told her that someone had called the police from their cell phone and reported Whitney for swerving on the road. Again, the cop hadn't seen anything but some concerned citizen saw Whitney swerve and called the cops and gave them her license plate number. It wasn't even a bunch of witnesses, but one annoying lady. Whitney doesn't even remember if she actually swerved. This stupid cop doesn't give her a warning, but actually gives her a ticket for this! So she tells us about it and Cord and I keep saying this is so dumb, and she needs to plead not guilty. Well after going to court twice the judge found her guilty!
I'm sorry but I just can't believe this. Can I just get a random license plate number and call the police? I guess the next person that cuts me off is in trouble. How in the world is this possible! I want so bad to do something about this and just can't, except complain and get mad on this post. I'm sorry Whitney, That is a bunch of crap!

9 comments:

~BeX~ said...

Whatever happened to being able to face your accuser? I agree, this is totally not right.

MERN said...

The same thing happened to my parents in Utah. A guy called in and said they passed on a double yellow line. They didn't but the cop gave them a ticket when he tracked them down. It's COMPLETE bogus.

Whitney said...

Im glad Im no the ONLY one! I really wish people could just be honest, but I guess that is not going to hapen. Thanks Mike for supporting me!!

Whitney said...

Im glad Im no the ONLY one! I really wish people could just be honest, but I guess that is not going to hapen. Thanks Mike for supporting me!!

Kim and Tyson Family said...

That is complete crap!! I can't believe that. Is there any way to take it to a higher court? I mean what if the person wrote down the license plate number wrong?

Tyson

Whitney Lee Slade said...

ALMOST the same thing happened to me... must be the name haha. But after going to court, and about 4 months of paperwork, and other jazz.. I now have to pay 1,232 up front or theyll take my license away. Needless to say, the judicial system is whacked and needs a kick in the.......

I'm sorry whitney! I feel ya.

Whitney Lee Slade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney Lee Slade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney Lee Slade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.