Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Book Clubs

I hate that I never read! I feel like I have read some good religious books, even though I can always read more, but I never just read casually.
A while back a couple friends of mine started a book club and I thought it was great, but everyone quit out pretty quick and it made me sad. So I got this genus idea of starting a book club on a blog. Then people could join in whenever they wanted and participate whenever they wanted. We wouldn't have to meet up to talk about the books, we could just leave comments.

After making the blog page I decided it wasn't such a genus idea because I started realizing I couldn't think of anyone that would want to do this. I decided to continue with it anyways. Alone. It truly is Mike's Book Club, just Mike's. Anyway I'm going to try and read one book every month for the rest of this year. Join me if you ever feel like reading the same book as me. Oh and you can vote on the next book I read.


My first book is going to be Jurrasic Park by Michael Crichton. It will be my book for March.
You can click here to see the blog.

4 comments:

Colton said...

John Grisham? Dork.

I would join the book club blog, but I've already read most of the books you are talking about. Its a good idea, though.

Kathryn said...

A blog book club is a great idea! I'll check it out. Thanks for visiting our blog!

*Ashley said...

Sweet! I'm excited!

Unknown said...

I have already read Jurassic Park and right now I am reading Ender's Game but I am very excited about reading Angels and Demons.