Thursday, January 24, 2008

Mike's New Pal

So the other day, Brian and Mel went to the temple to do sealings and since I always love hanging out w/ my nieces and nephews, I volunteered to babysit. Mike asked if I'd need any help but I told him I'd be fine and he could do whatever he had planned for the day. He ended up being pretty deep into editing a video and some pictures when they dropped off baby Zachary.

Little Zachy was SO cute!! He was so smiley and wiggly and just adorable! A while after they left, he started to get a tad bit fussy but it was more cute than anything so it wasn't that much of a problem. But then after a while, he was definitely not a happy camper. He didn't want to walk around and bounce around or play any games or drink his bottle or take his passy and he definitely wasn't in the mood to take a nap.

Mike kept trying to give me pointers (think like a baby, etc.) so after a while I decided he should try it and see for himself that Zach definitely wasn't in the mood to hang out...

Here they are hanging out...



Here's Zach letting Mike feed him his bottle...

And here's Zach asleep after Mike had him burped and took him for a few walks around the house...


So so much for my babysitting gig...and for Mike not having to help and getting to do whatever he wanted w/ his day. He really did have a good time though and I like to think Zach's just teasing me. I still think he's a great nephew and will babysit anytime! (Especially if Mike's around! ;)) He's such a good husband! I really appreciate him helping me out!!

Just for comparison, here's a pic. of Zach trying to get away from me :)...what can I say, Mike's just a super cool guy to hang out with...even the babies know it!

3 comments:

Jolene said...

That Zachy is so cute! I want Brian and Mel to let me babysit sometime! Just so you feel better Ash - all the babies like Alan better than they like me. Alan can take the screaming baby from anyone and get them calmed down - I think it is the altitude! Even babies who notoriously only like their mommies - they all flock to Alan!

Jennifer said...

You're blog is so cute! I guess him and cord both have the baby thing down.

Pratt and Kortney Rogers said...

Zach is so cute...I love your page..where did you get your layout?