Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Zion's Narrows

This last weekend we joined Nate, Emily, M.Jay, Adam, Eric, Andrea & Hans on a Hike through the Narrows. We heard it was around 17 miles and we really didn't want to drive to Cedar City, but Nate told us it was down hill along a river so we decided maybe we could handle it.
Here we are at the beginning of or little down hill hike.














The Beginning was beautiful. We had the noise of the river, trees, giant cliffs that provided shade, and the Creek felt great on our feet.


Then the river merged with another creating a much larger river. Everyone stopped taking pictures and looked for the end around every corner. The pleasant hike turned into a never ending, challenging, wet, cold pursuit for the end. People got twisted ankles, hurt knees, blisters, and aches.
But we finished and loved it!
(This pictures was also taken in the first half)
I was seriously surprised at how much I enjoyed this. The second half was the best part. I can't wait for the opportunity to do it again. Thank you Nate for getting it started and M.Jay for helping make it happen.

8 comments:

Seth & Erin Finch said...

Sounds like fun!! Erin and I are excited to start hiking, there are so many cool places to hike around here too! If it would ever stop being winter around here, this year is crazy!

Whitney said...

Sounds fun! I want to go! When r u coming to Mesa?

Colton said...

That looks pretty awesome! I've never even heard of it! I'm always up for an adventure; I'm going to have to mark that one on the map when I am in the neighborhood.

Brooke and Brian said...

Yay for updating your blog finally and dang that is sweet! I love hiking and water and big HUGE rocks! Come to Mesa already! Sheesh!

Amanda said...

Looks like you guys had fun! Awesome pictures

Jennifer said...

I'm still upset about missing white water rafting and now you throw this one out there!! What the... I seriously want to do that sometime, it looks so fun.

Dorlene said...

Hey guys...how cool was that adventure. Thanks so much for the inspiration, both you. Michael takes the best pics ever and Ashley's layouts are so pretty. Thanks Ashley for the mini tutorial.

Nate & Emily said...

This was no little hike! :) I'm so glad you guys came. (and no dont go to Mesa come back to Utah!)