Thursday, June 19, 2014

Exciting Things

Maybe it's because I've been pretty confined to the couch, or because I'm not worrying and stressing about all the things I "NEED" to get done, but I've noticed some things this week that may seem small, but I'm deeming them blog-worthy! (And I actually made this post yesterday, but never got it up.)

Remi said "ah lub ooo" for the first time! (In case you don't speak Rem, that means "I love you")
She also says "cue me" (excuse me) and "charry" (sorry)
Grant showered for the first time after Remi pooped in the tub. He's saying he's going to take showers from now on. He's getting so big!

We discovered that not only are there 5 seasons of Shaun the Sheep, but they're ALL on Amazon Instant Video now! Grant and I will be busy this next week!

Remi calls herself either "Ray-me" or "me-me". It's so cute! We're always trying to ask her questions about herself to get her to say it.

Grant goes looking for Sawyer as soon as he wakes up in he morning. He's super protective of him and reminds people to use hand sanitizer before they hold him (IF he lets them hold him). He's already been showing him important things in life like how to watch Scooby Doo and Shaun the Sheep. The other day when he was holding him, he said "I love Sawyer! He's so tool (cool)!
Grant with his bed head snuggling with Sawyer first thing in the morning.
Mike took a few more days off work than he had planned and it's been so nice having him home! I hate it when he's gone! I want him to find a job where he can work from home. :)

We took the kids to watch How to Train Your Dragon 2. It was a little crazy, and Sawyer did the best of all three kids, but it was so fun and I'm glad Mike talked me into going (I was pretty apprehensive with a new baby and knowing I wouldn't be able to do much to help if the kids got crazy). Spending time with Mike, Grant, Remi and Sawyer is by far my favorite way to spend my time!

Last night was the first time since we've been home that Mike and I got the chance to sit down together and watch a show and eat some Blue Bell. It was so nice!

I'm feeling SO much better every day! Don't get me wrong, I still require a nap at least once a day and I still can't even think about taking a leisurely walk, but I am able to help get the kids dressed and get them yogurt or chicken nuggets without feeling like I'm going to pass out. I took for granted before how nice it is to be able to just be a mom and take care of my kids. I actually miss and am looking forward to being able to take them to the grocery store and make them dinner and wash and fold their little clothes-all things that I kind of loathed before.

Sawyer is TWO WEEKS OLD today!! I can't get enough of his sweet little face! He looks like he's going to have more red in his hair and he has dimples!
This picture is actually from last week-he's already changed so much since then!
We're pretty attached to each other (sometimes I feel like I'm still pregnant with him because he's always with me!) and I already can't imagine our family without him! It's been nice to get to have so much quiet time with him. He's SO wonderful!


We've been talking to doctors and getting appointments set up today to hopefully get treatments started on his feet soon. 

I told Mike on our way to Show Low yesterday that if I had died, I couldn't have felt cheated. I would've died happy, my life has been so blessed! But I'm beyond grateful that I'm not missing these times! These times are the best!

1 comment:

Colton said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad that you're feeling better. This whole thing was just crazy! You have a blessed, lucky family.