Monday, June 3, 2013

Remi 5 Months/Jen's Birthday/Last Day

On our last full day in Hawaii, Grant woke up again asking if we could go to the beach. And of course, we obliged!
 

This beach day felt the most like a cliche vacation to me.  We just hung out and laid around most of the day.
Grant destroying his sand castle--apparently it's more fun to knock it down than to build.
Remi actually got in the ocean and was pretty happy about it!
Well, maybe she wasn't happy about it...but I was proud!

Hard at work.

Remi had sand in, on and around her paci...I finally decided to quit fighting it.  She didn't seem to mind.
I can't describe how much I LOVE this little face!



Remi and I laid around soaked up some sun and Grant and Mike went exploring around.
Can you see the turtle?
Love these guys!
Once he figured out what she'd been doing all day...
 Grant kept doing this fake laugh while we were there-it was how we'd convince him to smile for pictures. It was pretty funny...here it is in action.

He LOVED these little showers that sprayed off your feet.  Maybe because they were at his level?


When we got home from the beach, we headed to another beach to take family pictures for the Nicolls. It was Jen's birthday and we wanted to do SOMETHING to make a dent in them hosting us for over a week!

They're a good-looking family so they're easy subjects!

Then we attempted one again.  Haha!  Someday...


 We'll stick with silhouettes for now, I guess!

We also took advantage of the scenery to get Remster's 5 month pic. (Keep in mind, this was two months ago!) 
 She's SUCH a happy baby and so easy going!  She started rolling like CRAZY when we were in Hawaii and started holding herself up unsupported.  She also proved to be an AWESOME traveler!

What a pair!  (In their Hawaiian garb!)
 Nate was so cute with Remi and she got the biggest kick out of him.  I was always wishing I had my camera handy whenever they'd hang out together...and I happened to this time:


The girls made Jen a cake and Grant was eager to help her blow out the candles.


Shelbs babysat so we could go have dinner with Jen and Nate for her birthday.  I stole this off Jen's Instagram because once again, I forgot the camera! 
It was an awesome way to end our last full day in Hawaii!

No comments: