Monday, June 18, 2012

Better Late Than Never

So I'm late as usual, but I wanted to write a quick post to tell Mike Happy Father's Day!  He is the best dad in the world!  I knew he was going to make a great dad but I never imagined he would be so good as to make me enjoy parenting so much as well!  Seeing him with Grant always makes me want to be a better mom!  I love how much he loves Grant and takes the time to figure him out, have fun with him, teach him, discipline with love, etc...the list goes on and on.  I think anyone who's seen them together would agree!  I love being in another room and hearing he and Grant playing and talking. The conversations are usually still pretty one-sided and almost always consist of Mike calling Grant his buddy and encouraging him to try something then telling him good job and that he's proud of him.  I love how Grant's little face lights up whenever he sees Mike or even just hears his voice and excitedly starts to yell "Doddy, Doddy, Doddyyyyyyyy!!" They are best buddies, it makes family life and parenting so easy and fun!
Seems like at this point in our lives, the question everyone can't help but ask is how many kids we plan on having.  I can honestly say that with a husband as involved as Mike, I'm willing to have as many kids as we're blessed with!  Mike has never put anything else above being a dad and I respect and appreciate that so much because it gives me so much support as a mom.  I'm so happy/excited/ grateful that we've already been blessed enough to have another one coming our way!

Happy Father's Day Mike!!  Sorry it was another lame day for ya but I hope you know how much Grant and I love you and appreciate everything you do for us!

No comments: