Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Passed My Final!

Yesterday morning was my final and I passed! I'm SO excited and relieved! I'd been wanting to make a post about school for a while but wanted to make sure me passing was a done deal before I did so so here it finally is! Whew!!

This is me with my best nursing pal Kristin! No one should have to go through nursing school without a friend like her!It's been fun to think Grant's been along for this whole ride! I always wonder if he'll recognize my instructors' voices when he gets here from all the time he sat in lecture with me.
The pic on the right is halfway through the semester, the pic on the left was my last day of clinicals...SCARY!!
One of the patients on the psych floor noticed me one day and said, "WOW! You're REALLY pregnant!"

One of my favorite things has been all the different hospital settings I've gotten to experience! Banner Good Samaritan, Phoenix Children's Hospital, St. Joseph's Medical Center and the Arizona State Hospital/Maricopa County Hospital are some of the places I was able to work.
I'm excited to get to go back to the State Hospital for my preceptorship. I've met some amazing doctors and nurses who do some amazing things. I'm excited to hopefully get to be a part of it all sometime soon!

I still have to do 90 hrs. of preceptorship before I'm officially done. After that, I'll take the State Board Exam and FINALLY become an RN!
A pic I sent Mike right before I went in and watched a surgery for the first time.
Thanks so much to everyone who was praying and rooting for me along the way! It feels SO GOOD to be done!! I think everyone around me will be happy to have me not be so stressed out and bitter all the time. Mike and I stayed up 'til 3 this morning 'cause we finally felt like we could do whatever we wanted and I wouldn't make us both feel guilty about it...it was sweet!

6 comments:

Celina said...

Woot Woot sis! G-rant will def be a smart boy from the get-go!

Kathryn said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you!

Case Clan said...

You Rock Ashley!! And it's good that you find nursing scary. It means that you will be a good, cautious nurse. It's the over-confident ones that scare me! :)

Chelsee said...

I think I know the girl that is in the picture with you. I think she worked in SLC with me? strange I know

Heidi said...

You are so cute! I'm so excited for you!

Brian and Mel said...

Ash!!! We are so excited for you and proud of you!!