Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Allreds

Most people have heard that my uncle Doug passed away on December 24, 2008 at age 46. He was a great man that I only began to get to know. I will always be grateful for the time I was able to spend with him towards the end of his life.

Funerals always bring extended families together to remember those that have passed. I wanted to say that I love my family. All of them. I can't believe how blessed I am to have such fun, interesting, and awesome relatives.
This is a picture of all my cousins that are boys in the Allred family

I haven't ever liked going to funerals, it has seemed to bring me pressure to act a certain way, but this short session brought me comfort and an opportunity to offer my condolences. Maybe I've just gotten old enough to appreciate it for what it is. I loved all the comments that were made for Doug and I was so glad that I was able to be there.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm sorry about you Uncle.... You guys have a lot of boys in your family.

Jenna said...

I was thinking the same thing about our family- we have a pretty good one! Its fun when we all get together why dont we do it more often?

Nate & Emily said...

Doug was a fun one to have around. I miss his random phone calls, funny comments and most of all his laugh. I'm glad to have him as an uncle and I agree with Jenna about the family, it is a pretty good one!
We should have gotten a picture with all the girls too, to bad we were missing a few.