Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Exhausted

Remi fell asleep like this on the couch the other day. Lately, I feel like I can totally relate! This post is pretty much a random mish mash of events that all run together, or in the midst of each other, but here's what we've been up to:
My parents are officially residents of Quemado now. We've made a few trips out there and no offense to all you New Mexico natives, but I'm surprised by how beautiful it is!


These three are bonkers! Some days, I feel like there's not a minute that goes by when at least one of them isn't crying or needing something that I can't get to. Other times, we're all smiling and I get lost watching them and wondering how I got so dang lucky! I guess that's typical with little kids though, and My heart starts to break every time I realize how quickly they're growing up!
Mike's building a swing set/sandbox/fort in the backyard for the kids. This is a halfway picture, but Remi couldn't handle being without a swing for even a day, so Mike rigged this one up for her in the meantime. She's got all of us pretty wrapped around her little finger (if you can't tell!)! 

My brother Tanner has been living with us for the past month and a half. He got a job in town right before my parents moved and Mike suggested he stay with us while he saves some money and tries to see if he can get a place of his own. Mike's much more supportive than me, to say the least! I love his perspective and insights! I'm a better member of MY family because of him, and I've learned a lot from having Tan here. I do have (too many) days though where I'm overwhelmed  and need an attitude adjustment. Tan's doing SO well in so many areas, and we're so proud of the progress he's made, but there are just enough setbacks to discourage me and make me question how much longer we could/should continue...I guess time will tell and we'll have to just wait and see. 

Mike's been working so hard, he's the man! He's been juggling some really demanding tasks at work, helping me with the kids,
helping me with Tan,
 being Tanner's personal counselor, not getting behind despite having to take lots of time off for Sawyer's treatments, his church calling, helping his family and my family, and trying to find time in there for a little recreation and keep me happy. I don't know how he handles it all, but I'm grateful and lucky he does! I would crumble under the weight of one of Mike's average days!

This little man is getting SO big and greets us with a big smile almost every morning! He's been holding his head up during tummy time and rolling over and is adored by his siblings. He is the sweetest little man and is still my little buddy! I love how much he makes me feel like he needs me! (Although it would be nice to be able to do some things alone from time to time!)

We go for a walk together most mornings and it's one of my favorite parts of the day! SO therapeutic on so many levels!


I'm doing another goal weight challenge and am super motivated to not only reach my goal weight, but get into the best shape I can right now. I'm hoping I'll be able to start running soon!
She's a nut! It's always interesting to see what Remi's up to!


Like when she peed her pants one one of our recent trips to Show Low and had to wear a pair of Grant's shorts we happened to have with us. I told her she looked like a thug, so then she kept walking around saying, "I fug!"
This guy is OBSESSED with Jake and the Neverland Pirates! I don't even want to say how long he'll sit and watch it (I will look like a terrible mother!)! He's converted his sister and they march around the house together singing, "yo-ho mateys away! There'll be treasure and adventure today!" (Remi usually just chimes in for the emphasized words). I know Grant misses Chase, but it's been so good to see he and Remi spending so much time together, and to see what Grant wants to do when he gets to be in charge.

Sawyer's treatment for his clubfeet have kept us especially stressed and busy (but that merits a post of its own), along with fighting with our insurance about all the bills that've been rolling in since he was born. We went to the Valley over the weekend for a doctor appointment for him, and it was nice to get away, but it's great to be home!








No comments: