Monday, July 21, 2014

No Theme

I'm driving myself crazy because I feel like every post I've made lately is just a "catch up" post with no real theme. Maybe after this one...

A lot has been happening in this first month of Sawyer's life!

First off, he finally got going on treatment for his feet! He's on his third set of casts now, but here's a picture of him in his first set.
We LOVE Dr. Hall and are SO happy with how his treatment has been going!

Sawyer got to go on his first outing to his cousin Hallie's baptism this month.
Hallie is a super awesome girl and our whole family loves her and having her around!

I'm still a little weary of taking Sawyer out, but it's getting better a lot faster than it did with the other two kids! Maybe because it's summer? I don't know...but I still didn't feel comfortable enough to take him to all the 4th of July festivities so my mom and Sal were nice enough to fight over snuggle time with him so I didn't have to miss out!


Anyone will tell you that the Fourth of July in Eagar is always awesome! But for some reason this year, as I looked up and down the road at all the red, white and blue, I had a greater appreciation than I've ever had in the past, to be born and live in such a wonderful place! It truly felt like a patriotic celebration to me this year, even though compared to years past, we didn't really do much!

I must just be getting old! Which was proven by this being my ten year high school reunion! I don't feel that much older than when I graduated, but I remember when I was a sophomore, the seniors doing a skit of what their ten year reunion would be like and thinking "man, when they're graduated ten years, they're going to be SO old!"

I dropped my camera on the lens and it broke right after the parade, so I didn't get any pictures, but I'm surprised how good it was to see old friends and catch up! I grew up with some really good people!

I did manage to get these pictures of Grant and Cozi with Mike's phone because it was just too funny to let pass by without trying to get some sort of photo documentation!

Remi fell down (in these giant goulashes she insists on wearing everywhere!) and was yelling "Hep-me! Hep-me!" at her brother, who was holding hands with Cozi.

Grant didn't think too hard before he made his choice.

He even said "Tum on Tozi" like he was rubbing it in.  I've really been trying to work with him on making Remi's well-being a priority...looks like we've got some more work to do!

I was determined to ensure that Sawyer has just as many pictures as his older siblings, but it looks like I've got some work to do in that area as well! (I'm going to put that on him though, because even when he's in a deep sleep, he rarely lets me put him down!)

Even though it's not documented as well, we LOVE our little Sawyer Man more than a million pictures could show! He's SO wonderful!!

1 comment:

Colton said...

HAhaha, oh my gosh. That picture set of Grant and his girlfriend abandoning Remi is seriously so funny. I laughed a lot. Her galoshes! Hahaha!

Also, I feel like I should mention something about your camera and how impressed I am with your self-possession. I'd be cussing up a storm. Or writing a eulogy. Sad.